Thursday, September 14, 2017
Monday, July 31, 2017
- Site utilities are ongoing
- Temp storm water facilities are in place and continue to function as expected
- Under-slab coordination is complete; Slab On Deck ("SOD") pours are scheduled to start within the next week and Slab On Grade ("SOG") pours following in early August
- Foundations are 99% complete
- Continued waterproofing, insulation, backfilling, compaction, and grading operations are ongoing throughout the site
- Structural steel is complete at building C, nearing completion at building D, and underway at building E.
- Coordination of brick and mortar selection, as well as planning for important masonry detailing, is underway with the masonry trade contractor
- Mock-ups for masonry selection and ultimately all other facade materials are in the planning stages as the applicable sub-contractors are bought out
- Items expected to commence in August include spray-on fireproofing ("SOFP") and roof blocking with main branches for HVAC and Fire Protection following towards September
These changes will require a redrawing of attendance lines for all elementary and middle schools across the district in order to provide the best education for all students in Billerica. As this process will impact each of our schools, the Billerica Redistricting Team was formed and will be seeking input from the community throughout the process. The Redistricting Team is composed of school personnel and parents representing each current elementary school attendance area and the members are:
Diana Aguila, Parent, Hajjar District (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Christine Balzotti, Principal, Dutile ES (email@example.com)
Jennifer Bartes, Parent, Ditson District (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Tracey Burke, Parent, Vining District (email@example.com)
Rebecca Chaffee, Parent, Kennedy District (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Michael Domina, Parent, Dutile District (email@example.com)
James Gately, Chair, Billerica School Committee (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Jill Geiser, Assistant Superintendent (email@example.com)
Rob Haggerty, Parent, Parker District (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Robin Hulsoor, Director of Finance and Operations (email@example.com)
David Marble, Principal, Kennedy ES (firstname.lastname@example.org)
George McCormack, Assistant Business Administrator (email@example.com)
Tim Piwowar, Superintendent (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Mike Rossi, Principal, Marshall MS (email@example.com)
Suzanne Sullivan, Principal, Parker ES (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Later today, the team will be putting out its first survey to solicit input from the community about what is important in this process; we value your thoughts and hope you will share them with us!
With 8-12 high school
Grades 8-12 (8-9/10-12)
Wednesday, July 26, 2017
The three finalists are:
6:00pm: Mr. Sean Glavin
Mr. Glavin is the Director of Finance and Operations for Valley Collaborative
7:00pm: Mr. Michael McCaffrey
Mr. McCaffrey is the Athletic Director at Groton-Dunstable Regional School District
8:00pm: Mr. John Magliozzi
Mr. Magliozzi is a business teacher, DECA advisor, and Faculty Manager for Billerica Memorial High School
We invite members of the public to come to the interviews tomorrow evening.
Friday, July 21, 2017
The two finalists are:
4:30 pm: Jeffrey Lappin
Mr. Lappin is the former Supervisor of Therapeutic and Clinical Services for the Medford Public Schools.
5:30pm: Philippa Young
Ms. Young is the Director of Student Services for the Hull Public Schools.
Members of the public are invited to attend and provide feedback upon the conclusion of the interviews.