With the school vacation week upon us, the update was delayed this week - but there's certainly no delay occurring onsite as the big activity this week is the beginning of excavations for the new foundations!
This week's activities include:
- Stripping, stockpiling and trucking of loam is ongoing
- River Street connection to water services is underway
- Excavations for new foundations and footing is ongoing, and concrete is scheduled to begin in the coming week
- Temporary and permanent draining measures including structures, piping, and stormwater basins are ongoing
- Stormwater basin #3, towards Alumni Field, is underway and will be complete in the coming weeks
- Soil nailing to prevent undermining of parts of the existing foundations close to construction activity is underway
- Large site retaining wall blocks are onsite and installation towards the north/west corner of the site will commence next week
This week's pictures are taken from a different angle; these are taken from the IT department which is located on the second floor at the far western end of the Memorial Building (Room 1201).