- Stripping, stockpiling, and trucking of loam is nearing completion.
- The River Street connection to water services is complete and paving occurred on Saturday, April 22.
- Street cleaning and catch basin maintenance along River Street will be ongoing throughout spring and summer construction activities.
- Temporary and permanent drainage measures, including Alumni Field basin, are nearing completion.
- Soil nailing to prevent undermining of existing foundations is complete.
- Site retaining walls are underway and will continue in the coming weeks.
- Excavations for new foundations and footings is ongoing and on schedule.
- The first concrete pour, along the south foundation wall, was placed on April 21! Concrete deliveries will continue to ramp up over the coming weeks and throughout the summer.
- Steel is expected onsite, beginning in area C, at the end of June.
- Steel and elevated concrete floor decks will be completed through the summer and into fall 2017.
Monday, April 24, 2017
Weekly Construction Update - April 24, 2017
The project hit another exciting milestone last week as the first concrete was poured on site! The picture below was taken early Friday afternoon; approximately 100 cubic yards of concrete were placed that day!
Upcoming construction activities include: