The Billerica Memorial High School Building Committee will be meeting this coming Thursday, May 18, at 6:30 pm in the Town Hall Auditorium, and we are happy to share that we will be on a regular schedule for future meetings on the third Thursday of each month. At the meeting on Thursday, more detail will be shared about where we are with the project; however, in the meantime, here is the latest construction update:
- All excavations for footings and foundations become more complete in the coming weeks, offsite trucking of the stockpile will increase, and ultimately the large stockpile should be completely removed in the coming month.
- Street cleaning and catch basin maintenance along River Street will be ongoing throughout spring and summer construction activities.
- Site retaining walls are in the process of being set at the northwest corner of the site.
- Excavations for new foundations and footings is ongoing and on schedule.
- Footings are poured in areas B, C. The south foundation wall of areas A and B is underway and footings in these areas will follow in the coming weeks.
- Concrete deliveries have been averaging approximately 150 cubic yards per day, and this pace will continue in the coming weeks and months.
- Waterproofing of poured foundation walls will begin in the late weeks of May.
- Steel is expected onsite, beginning in area C, at the end of June.
- Steel and elevated concrete floor decks will be completed through the summer and into fall 2017.