Here's this week's update:
- A new water service main is installed off of River Street, and new gas and electrical services are nearing completion.
- Access to Alumni Field has been limited since June 6 for completion of water service tie-in and temporary stormwater system. Access will be restored on approximately June 21.
- All temporary stormwater facilities are in place and functioning.
- Concrete foundations are complete in the academic wing of the building (sectors C, D, and E). Waterproofing, insulation, and backfilling is underway throughout this area.
- The high foundation wall along the south facade of the Civic wing (sectors A and B) is complete, and foundations along the remainder of this area are nearing completion. Similar to the Academic wing, as these areas become complete, waterproofing, insulation, and backfilling will be underway.
- Setting in structural steel base plates is underway throughout areas with complete foundations and footings.
- Earthwork remains underway to support foundation and first floor slab on grade installations and to process excess topsoil and rock for export and re-use on site. Exporting of all soils not able to be re-used is underway and the stockpile is expected to be completely removed by the end of June.
- Both structural steel and laminated wood structures are in the fabrication process in Canada. The first steel deliveries are on trucks and on route to the site.
- Structural steel erection will begin on June 26, and continue with multiple steel deliveries six days per week through summer.