The first beam being lowered into place at 9:00am
A view of the site at 2:45pm the same day
Here is this week's update on site activity:
- New gas and electrical service coordination is ongoing with National Grid and is nearing completion.
- Alumni Field's water service has been restored and the field is accessible.
- All temporary stormwater facilities are in place and functioning and have performed as expected through recent rainfall.
- Waterproofing and insulation of the foundation, then backfilling, compacting, and grading is underway in the academic wing of the building (sectors C, D, and E).
- Foundation in sectors A and B are ongoing and are nearing completion. Similar to the Academic wing, as these areas become complete, waterproofing, insulation, and backfilling will be underway.
- Setting in structural steel base and leveling plates is underway throughout the Academic wing.
- Setting of steel columns and structure began on June 26 and will continue through winter. Approximately six truck deliveries per day will feed onsite steel progress 5-6 days per week through summer.
- Completion of foundations in July will turn attention to pouring of the first concrete slabs both on grade and on completed elevated decks, starting in area A.