As we enter June, work continues to proceed rapidly onsite, and we are excited to know that the first delivery of steel is scheduled to begin at the end of this month!
As for this week's update:
- Temporary water service is installed into the site off of River Street.
- Temporary gas service is nearing completion by National Grid and Shawmut, including abandoning the existing gas service that runs under sectors C and D of the new building. This work, and associated water service work, will result in Alumni Field being closed from June 6 through June 21.
- Temporary electrical services are anticipated to be brought into the site in June by National Grid, after which electrical ductbank routing for the new building will commence.
- All temporary stormwater facilities are in place and functioning.
- Concrete foundations are underway throughout the building, and sectors A and B are nearing completion.
- Waterproofing and back-filling of soils against new foundation walls is underway as foundation become complete.
- Earthwork remains underway to support foundation and first floor slab on grade installations and to process excess topsoil and rock for export and re-use on site.
- Both structural steel and laminated wood structures are in the fabrication process in Canada. Steel is expected onsite during the last week of June.
- In the first few weeks of July, a second crane is anticipated to join the steel erection sequencing to keep pace with daily steel deliveries through fall 2017.
Picture taken from Mr. Murphy's Office
Picture taken from stairwell above Special Education office
Picture taken from Room 1307 (Memorial Building)